Here’re two pieces I made fairly recently using the paw pouches I showed you a few posts ago. In the first one, I decided to paint the latex black, to change the quality of the material; I’d gotten a bit sick of looking at the orange latex.
So despite the nice colour, I totally lost the skin-like surface of the latex, so I decided not to paint them in further pieces. As we’d had a crit during this Project Space with students from the Royal College of Art in London, and they’d questioned me on their presentation, for my next piece I decided to try bunching them up and hanging them with twine to change the presentation and therefore the quality of them as objects…
I didn’t really like the piece as a whole but the combination of the twine and the bunched up latex worked quite well. I liked the hanging paws but I didn’t think the head was as successful. I tried it by itself:
…but I think I still prefer the paws.